Combat Tips & Tricks
- The Awards Menu will tell you what kinds of Awards you can (and should) earn during combat
- Earning Awards will increase the amount of Experience and Tokens you earn from each battle
- Earning Awards also fills up the Soul Charge orb much quicker
- The Arena counts as an outpost
- Inside the Arena, you may do a number of activities:
- Sell excess loot
- Gamble on a "Luck Box" in the gambling area
- Change Companions
- Re-Spec your character or change characters
- You may also spend a Soul Charge to take on The Crawl Challenge
- The Crawl Challenge is an endless survival game mode within the world of Wanderlust Adventures
- When beginning 'The Crawl', you will start at Round 1 (or Round 10 if you are on Epic Mode)
- Next, you must survive 3 waves of enemies, with the final wave spawning a random, Renowned Mini-Boss
- If you survive all 3 waves in the Round, a Treasure Chest will spawn
Upon defeat - if you do not choose to Revive & Continue (requires a Soul Charge; details below) - your character will drop a Soul Orb containing a percentage of your current level experience
- On Normal Difficulty, you drop up to 10% of your total current level experience
- On Epic Difficulty, you drop 100% of your total current level experience
The location of your Soul Orb will be marked on your map
- Travel back and recover your Soul Orb (simply by touching it) to recover lost experience
- Be careful not to be defeated again, or your old Soul Orb will disappear and a new one will be created at your new death location; this will result in a permanent loss of experience!
Soul Charges are a team-earned currency which may be used to benefit the player(s) in a number of ways:
- If defeated in combat, a Soul Charge may be used to immediately revive the player(s) and kill all enemies (except Bosses and Renowned Mini-Bosses)
- The Crawl Challenge in The Arena requires the player(s) to spend a Soul Charge in order to enter it
- There are also a number of shrines around the world that require a Soul Charge to be spent in order to activate them (details below)
Hunting Boards are located in each of the 4 Regional Outposts
- The party leader may access the Hunting Board to take a Kill Quest for an enemy monster which randomly spawns in the nearby region
- Upon completing the Hunt, a Treasure Chest will spawn
- Challenges can only be done once per a session.
- They do not spawn every time the map is regenerated.
- All challenges yield at least one Treasure Chest, some yield multiple ones.
- If you fail a challenge you cannot reattempt it that session, so be prepared.
- Specific challenges can only appear in their designated area.
- Check the Challenges page for details on the recorded challenges.
Campfires can be found throughout the world and used to do two things:
- Advance the passage of time
- Access your Private Stash (normally only done in Hom Ron)
- There are 5 total Warpstones to be found throughout the world
- Activating a Warpstone will give you a quick-travel option from Hom Ron to the activated Warpstone
- One Warpstone is at the entrance to the Arena. The other four are located as marked on the map below.
- There are 15 total Skill Shrines hidden throughout the world
- Every 3 shrines that you activate will award your character with a free Skill Point
Note: The following Shrines require 1 Soul Charge to activate...
- These shrines are randomly spawned throughout the world, and put a "Rage" status on your character
- They increase your character's damage by an amount equal to your current 'Hit Combo'
- In addition to the large damage bonus, your character is immune to negative status effects
- These shrines are randomly spawned throughout the world, and put a "Blessed" status on your character
- Your character will have unlimited Special Points for the duration of this "Blessed" status
- In addition to the SP bonus, your skills will "cool down" twice the normal rate
- These shrines are randomly spawned throughout the world, and summon an ambush when activated
- In addition to creating an ambush for the area you are in, a Renowned Mini-Boss will also appear
- Completing this challenge will award you with 2 Treasure Chests (one from the ambush and one from the Renowned Mini-Boss)
- These shrines are randomly spawned throughout the world, and summon an Treasure Chest when activated
- Activate Epic Mode by lighting the torch in town
- There is a maximum of 1 Soul Charge that can be earned on Epic Mode
- When you reach LEVEL 25 with your character, go speak to Mother (Overgrowth).
- Epic Mode is the only way to get Orange Blacksmith Blueprint drops and Orange Jeweler Design drops
- Arena Trophies are a necessary material to craft Epic Gear and can only be found in The Arena (Crawl Challenge)
- Resist Physical % is a far more important item power than Damage Reduction
- All enemies are much more deadly in Epic Mode, particularly the leaders and Renowned Mini-Bosses
- It is recommended that you kill minion enemies before fighting leaders/bosses